Our summer camps, which are comprised of 8 weeks of day camps for children aged 5-13, are seeking energetic, accountable Camp Counsellors to provide a safe and memorable experience for our campers. The Camp Counsellor will largely work in teams with a single cohort of campers each week. Duties include leading group events such as Bible stories, supervising campers on our excursions, overseeing transitions in the Camp schedule, responding to incidents, and having fun!
The ideal candidate will have a genuine passion for serving Jesus, be an excellent multitasker and someone who loves working with and empowering young people. Applicants should be patient, fun-loving and confident in their ability to motivate and assist campers in everything.
- Working with other Counsellors to plan and coordinate camp events.
- Leading and supporting campers as they participate in activities.
- Monitoring campers to ensure compliance with camp rules and prevent accidents.
- Cleaning, maintaining and ensuring proper use of camp facilities and equipment.
- Reporting and recording details of incidents, such as accidents or rule violations to Camp Directors.
- Memorizing all emergency procedures and enforcing camp rules.
- Participating in staff meetings.
- High School Diploma or active enrollment in school.
- Experience working in camps, with children or with specific activities may be preferred.
- Physical ability to participate in activities.
- High level of responsibility and accountability.
- Upbeat, engaging personality.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Minimum age of 17 yrs. Old.
- Previous experience working or volunteering at MCA may be preferred.
- Completed police reference check.
- Actively involved in at least one ministry at Malvern Christian Assembly.
- Regularly attend Sunday services at Malvern Christian Assembly.
As a Counsellor you must:
- Be available to work 35 hours/week for 8 weeks (plus additional days for Training).
- Assist in all areas of the daily camp routine.
- Create a positive spiritual and physical growing experience for campers.
To apply for this job, please complete the application and email it (along with your resume) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.